Monday, 11 November 2013

Leggings for Soom Rosette.

Finished up the leggings today.   I didn't lengthen them because I quite liked the look of cropped leggings under a frilly dress.  I did adjust the pattern at the waist and around the bum though, taking it in a bit for the slimmer Rosette body.






































I found some lovely viscose jersay with lycra, in a very thin grey and cream stripe.   This fabric will really lend itself to the old fashioned look. 

I might tea-dye some too.  I’ve seen tea-dyed BJD outfits around and about on the internets.  It looks such a pretty light browny-pink colour.

Gloves next.

Sunday, 10 November 2013

Leggings to fit Soom Rosette.

The next stage of this outfit is to make some leggings to go under the dress.   I recently made some for Ellowyne Wilde dolls, so I tried a pair on my Rosette.  They fit darned well!  So, yes. I'm happy about that.

I will of course tweak the pattern and make them to match a feminine cream voile dress, but here they are, with details on the photo.






































Details here as well.  Gracefaerie patter 56, "Team Hoodie Warms Up".  The pattern is for Kaye Wiggs girls, but the Gracefaerie site says to print the PDF pattern out at 90% for Ellowyne Wilde dolls.   As luck would have it, the pattern doesn't really need any tweaking at all, if you want cropped leggings.

Needless to say, I'll post more pictures of the adjusted leggings as I make them.


____


Saturday, 9 November 2013

Soom Rosette outfit (continued)

The second bodice is a much better fit, and I was so happy with it that I commenced with adding a skirt, and making a petticoat to go underneath.






































I added some pure cotton lace to both dress and petticoat hems.   The bodice itself is lined too.

These really are long lanky girls!  My drafted patterns all look really elongated compared to the ones I've made for Ellowyne dolls and my MSD's.    I've made a pink leather belt which laces up, and I want to add some gloves (with bracelets to go over them) and maybe some leggings, so the outfit doesn't look too summery. One needs to be snug in this weather.

Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Bodice for Soom Rosette (Pure)


Having had a bit of a break, due to feeling fried and frazzled, I feel a bit better and I've picked up some sewing again at long last. Still not so good, but at least my interest has been piqued again.  I hate getting too anxious to even sew, but that's my life, and I've learned to just give things a rest when I need to.

I recently bought my first Soom rosette. I couldn't resist these lanky skinny girls.  I used to draw faeries a long way back, and I always elongated the bodies and exaggerated the skinniness.  I was delighted to see these dolls, because the proportions are so close to my early drawings.  :)

The poor thing is waiting for a face-up, but I started drafting and making a bodice using the masking tape method.

























Having made the masking tape model, and marking the seams, I carefully cut it off the doll, and made up the pattern.
























Here's the first draft, all sewn up. Fully lined as usual. The shoulders don't quite sit perfectly, so I'll have to amend that and make a second bodice.   It's looking okay though.  Can't wait to finish my first Rosette dress.