Saturday, 7 November 2015

Latest project: Edwardian style outfit for Evangeline.



I've been absent from my blog for a while.   Not feeling so great, and needed to take a break from t'internet,  but that doesn't mean I'm taking a break from my sewing.

This will be the next Racoon's Rags sewing pattern.  having had to draft all the patterns from scratch, it's taking some time; however, these things can't be rushed!

Here's a quick snap. I apologise for the quality, but you can see the great fit of the garments so far.


I've used quilters-weight cotton for this, and I'm loving the rich wine colour of the overdress.

The sleeves of the leotard will just fit over Evie's big hands if it's stretchy enough with Lycra content, but for less stretchy fabrics, the hands will need to be popped off.  I've tried this and it's no problem. These dolls are designed that way for easy dressing.

Next I need to draft and underskirt, and then a lace-up version of the dress.   This pattern will be very similar to the recent Ellowyne one (SSP-029)

I'll post pictures of the finished items.

________________________________________