Monday, 13 April 2015

Beautiful fifties silhouette.

I had to cut the skirt twice, but the second time I was happy with it.   I'm loving this silhouette.  

Of course it won't look fabulous until I have the petticoats underneath, and because Poppy's waist is so tiny, I don't want to detract from that by having a thick waistband under the dress.

This means I will be requiring a cunning plan.   I have something I'm working on; not only to keep the bulk of  a waistband low enough on the body so it doesn't thicken her waist, but also to keep the petticoat in one place.  Sometimes they have a tendency to slip around a bit.

Anyhoo, here's Poppy.

Sorry about the poor quality photo, but I just took a quick snap whilst waiting for some fray-check to dry.

More on the progress with the petticoat soon. :)



  1. That's gorgeous and very fifties looking.. looking forward to seeing the petticoats!

    1. Getting there. The polyester chiffon was a dismal failure.

  2. Ooh, that`s shaping up nicely :) What I do to avoid bulk at the waist on pips is to make hipster petticoats with an elastic yoke. Not exactly haute couture but it does the trick - I`ll be interested to see what you come up with :) :) :)

    1. I used to agonise over reducing bulk for Pips. Good idea with the elastic though. I have this idea to graft the petticoat to some knickers, which should work on a large doll, but perhaps not on a Pippa.


Sorry, I have had so many spammy comments that I need to moderate all of them. I will get to approving your comment just as soon as I can.